Re: [oc] Interested in developing CRT controller core

> X-Windows/KDE/GTK sort of stuff. Does the low level Unix stuff rely much
on
> VGA compatibility?

Not really. We need a frame buffer driver to port X Windows.

> While I did suggest using a processor to do all the hard stuff it is very
> much not clear to me if that makes an effective solution. I was thinking
> or1k for the processor. Is someone interested in coding up a display
> library to support it?

Well I guess entire OpenGL stuff can be implemented as a software driver. If
we want to port X windows than graphics device must be seen as a frame
buffer from processor point of view. If we want to use our CRT only with
or1k then we don't need VGA compatibility.

> Joe
>
> So how much opencores work can I do while watching the synthesizer work?

Synthesizer?

regards, Damjan