Re: [oc] EETIMES STORY

> > After the story in EETIMES hit OC NEWs, and Linux Today, and
> > now slashdot, there is a quite interesting /. discution going on.
> >

> Which is good since there will be more developers to help on processor,
> peripheral cores, OS ports etc.
>
> And is bad because there was very little interest in the last weeks so I
> decided to concentrate on my exams at university, working on CRTC6845 and
> FIR filter cores, decided to change design (split into two cores, lite
> version and high speed version), adding superscalar features to high speed,
> adding MIPS I decoder, reoptimizing IU data path for Virtex etc. Now I need
> 48hrs/day.

Release soon, release often! I think it's one of the best idea for
open source project.
Today i think most of people are waiting for release of or1k to see if
it's a real project (as we say in France "Il faut amorcer la pompe",
try babelfish on it) Code for or1k even buggy is better than an
announce.

Of course this is just another "you should do it" and reality is
different and this is why i didn't released I2C code...

Frédéric Renet
Mipsys
19c Av des Indes
91969 Les Ulis (France)