[oc] A word on free licenses...

Before the OR1K core is posted you guys should think long and hard about
licenses.

If you want to FORCE any vendor using OR1K to post their modifications,
use the GPL.
Otherwise, use the new BSD license (the one without the
copyright/documentation requirement).

The GPL has been very successful for gcc and the Linux kernel, many
times forcing a company to open up code which would have otherwise been
kept non-free.  As a Linux kernel hacker, I am very happy that the GPL
and not BSD license was used.

I think in the case of hardware, intellectual property is even more
closely guarded than it is under the software realm.  IMHO unless you
are really hard core for free software/free IP, the BSD license should
be used for the cores on the OpenCores site...

--
Jeff Garzik              | "Are you the police?"
Building 1024            |