From: Jamil Khatib <jamilkhatib75@yahoo.com>
To: <cores@opencores.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2000 8:51 PM
Subject: [oc] Free tools CD

I saw that there are some people intrested in the Free tools CDrom.

CDROM contents:
1. EE free tools. "mainly GPLed"
2. Open source design projects and documentation "mainly opencores
projects"
3.  Some links, tutorials and documents I downloaded from the internet
4. some extra free libraries and utilities needed by some tools

Tools:
1. VHDL and verilog simulators: (e.g. alliance, savant, Icarus.....)
2. design entry tools (vgui, vgi, emacs modes.....)
3. spice and general simulation tools and wave form viewers (gwave,
gpsim,acs, spice3f5....)
4. schematic and layout tools (geda, xcircuit., magic....)
5. some other tools and convertors (jhdl,vhdl2html.....)
6. I do not know if it is possible to add some free PLD tools made by
their vendors (web pack, emax baseline.....)

Open Designs :
I'll put source files of opencores designs on the CD and any other open
designs and documents. (leon-2, F-cpu, may be picoJava "I have to check
the license")  If you like to add any design please point me to its
location

Tutorials and Documents:
I have some html, ps and pdf files and articles I downloaded from the
internet about many topics ( VHDL, verilog, circuit design , computers,
communications, ....)

Others:
some libraries (sygwin) and editors (emacs, xemacs)

If you have intresting thing to be added please let me know

Note: I put linux and win32 tools and some solaris tools should I put
tools for other platforms?

Pricing:
I am checking now the price of copying a CDrom
and it seems to be between 5-8 $ max and may be less specially if we can
have large number of copies.

Delivary:
I am going to send the CD by mail.
There was a suggestion to put an image on the internet. I hope that I
can do it but it seems the CD will be too large (up to now it is 250MB +
I still have a lot ) so if it becomes much large I'll not be able to
upload the image.

I'll send you the full contents once I finsh the compilation of tools
and creat my first CD

If you want a copy please email me

Jamil Khatib