Re: [oc] OCRP-2 board group?

Ovidiu Lupas wrote:

> Hi Al,
>
> > I could say that Ovidiu Lupas and me were in that group. Ovidiu designing
> the
> > board and me being responsible for manufacturing. The board is supposed to
> fix
> > all the problems of OCRP-1 board. Anyway current status is sort of high
> Z - I
> > still working on openrisc and Ovidiu AFAIK still working on design.
> Yes, I am working on it. In fact, I have to review the schematics and to
> place them
> on the web. Also, I have started the PCB design, and I would like to have
> some
> help on it. I was just about to post that message : I need to identify the
> exact
> PCB footprint for every device I am using in Protel99, or to make new
> footprints.
>
> I already made two of them.
>
> I am sorry for the delay in the design, but, meanwhile, I relocated to
> Canada and
> still have some things to solve, so my extra-time needed for OC activities
> is
> on the minus-side ... Anyway, I hope to close the design by X-mas !

You are moving to where I came from (Vancouver). It is very tempting
to get involved with this as I am interested in UCB, infrared, etc, etc.
and would also like to throw in an ISA/104 core/header to get things
going sooner than the PCI group might be able to.

I have 20 years of software architectural experience and with just about
every aspect.of production and so it seems a rare animal in the hardware
world. But I have to admit that my hardware background is very weird,
some good insights because of the software background but also very
skimpy in other areas so there is the possibility that I might be more of a
hindrance than an asset with regard to the amount of help I might need.

If you want to throw me some part of it without obligation, I will see
what I can do. I'm taking an FPGA course with Jesse Jenkins of Xilinx
and an ISA core would probably qualify as the required project but
I am most interested in building a set of very high speed johnson counters
and so wonder if the board will work with Virtex-II as I am told that they
are out this week and are significantly faster than V and VE ...

1) I will get the specs as soon as they are out if you want them.

2) Is there any interest in CoolRunner stuff at OpenCores?

3) Are you getting all your parts donated at this point and can I benefit
    from that honestly. I'm paying my own way through school and in
    Silicon Valley, its not cheap.