[oc] Re: Graphic Engine Project?

I think ultimately we would like to make our entire design wb compatible, so
that we can use the vga_lcd core and parts of the wb memory controller.
However, in its current state, the core only uses modules that we've
designed, including an SDRAM controller and a vga unit.  Like I said in an
earlier post, I would be interested in testing the vga_lcd core, so
interfacing it with our project could be done at the same time.

We've been doing most of our testing of the 3D core with these custom
designs.  Once we finish up with school, we will clean up our code according
to the wb coding standards, and bring most, if not all of it, over to
OpenCores.  At that point, I think we will try and move towards full wb
compliance.  Being new here, I think that we'll need some pointers from more
experienced members to make this happen, but it already seems like that
won't be a problem.

There are a lot of possibilities for integration with existing OpenCore
designs.  We can use the CORDIC core for 3D transformations, and if we
incorporate the PCI interface into the design, we've got a open-source video
adapter.

Benj Carson