??: [oc] Some Terminologies in BUS system?

 Hi, dear elites,

1. Recently, I study the DMA and AMBA bus. I saw the so-called bus parking
functionality. Could someone tell me what's bus parking ? How does it work
?

>When there has no master request the bus, the arbiter grant a master
(that's called
bus parking). In other words, bus parking implements no request but get the
ownship of the bus.

2. Besides, what's the difference between wrapper and bridge ? Generally,
they are translator between different protocol.

I think a wrapper is used for single device, but a bridge is used for on
kind of
devices which have common features.

3.In DMA or Arbiter, we always implement the rotated priority. If we have
completed to service the current channel, is it necessary to re-linquish
the bus to processor and then re-arbitate the bus to service the next
channel ?

Not always rotated priority, the arbitration algorithm is used according to
application.

Yes.

4. UML is a popular modeling language in S/W domain. Does anyone try to use
UML to do the logic/SoC/IP design ?

 All the best,

I don't know.

 Nanson