[oc] License issue about instset compatibility

Hi guys,
I have a simple (for you) question about instruction
sets and licensing issues: I would like to implement
with SystemC a CPU core compatibile with an existing
one (let's say Hitachi SH-3); do I risk anything by
releasing it into the Open Source?

I'm expecting one from three possible answers:
1) yes, of course you can! (Yahoo!)
2) NO, of course you CAN'T!!! (booo)
3) it depends whether or not the instruction set
   is covered by a patent. (mumble...)

About the "mumble..." answer, I've checked for the
SH-3 using web patent search engines but I didn't
find anything.

Another interesting core would be Java: I've read
Holger Baxmann talking about "J2EE on a FPGA".
I would like to start thinking about J2ME, but
I don't feel Sun will be so happy to hear about
it.

Thanks in advance and regards,
	Fabrizio Fazzino