Re: [oc] Inquiry

On Thursday 15 May 2003 10:14 pm, Joachim Strömbergson wrote:
> What has been discussed here though is that this might/will
> dampen the adoption of OC in the industry.

Exactly, the religious "beliefs" aside, the core of the original post was;

How to improve the adoptions of OpenCores in commercial companies?

And my stand is, the commercial interests use their GPL freedom of NOT USE,
since they don't want to (for whatever reasons) contribute back.

So if a higher adoption rate is wanted, I suggest a less demanding (in terms
of contributions back) license, or better yet, more than one license for each
project, suiting everyone's taste.

Niclas