Re: [oc] linux xilinx webpack programming

On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 12:40:28AM -0100, uwe.hartl@gmx.net wrote:
> how did you manage to install the Webpack? If I try it with
> "wine WebPACK_52_fcfull_i.exe" I come thru a couple of dialogs and when I
> hit finish it opens a progress bar which goes very slow and stops at 9 or 10%.
> Thats it. Nothing happens any more. I have my home directory on nfs and I do
> not see any activity of the network any more and both CPU's are idle. I also
> tried the "Webinstall" version, this crashes wine totally.
>
> Can you tell me the trick? I used 'winesetuptk' to configure wine and I use
> Wine 20030408, which is the actual version of Gentoo.
>
> thanks in advance

Hi Uwe

I installed it several weeks back, and nothing now sticks in my mind as
being exciting. I followed the instructions online for 5.2, but used
the 5.1 ISE cdrom I had to hand.

Lets see - This is currently a rh9.0 system,
((which I don't much like - Mozilla and other things hang under X/Xinerama.
 maybe I'll downgrade it to rh8 or maybe something else.))
rh7.x was much more stable, rh8 was better, except for usb.
wine I compiled from source.    wine --version => Wine 20030408

I just ran the xilinx setup after editing wine.conf - done manually.
this took several passes to get wine.conf correct.
(I can post that if its of use)
This box will dual boot win2k, and there was a valid webpack install
available. In fact - I know I installed to a new place (on a separate
samba/nfs server) but when I ran the code - I have a suspicion I ended up
running the win2k-installed stuff , as I suspect it read the windows
environment variables.

I program from this box (impact/win2k/parallelcable IV)  and thats
been fairly error free on ~60 xc9572 devices now.
1 or 2 crashes - restart navigator -  one device failed - that one
got heatsoaked unprogrammed, wich perhaps upset it.
john