RE: [ethmac] To bug or not to bug.

   Igor Hi,

	if this is the case I would suggest all the member that raised
questions as for the control Mac etc use the test bench you refer to.

if the test bench is "complete" it should take I would imagine only few
minute to figure if OAM packet or any other Multicast control packet can
pass correctly or not.

I took a quick look in the test bench and small comment if someone is not
familar with the file to decide what to change and where to change to get
the test you want look to me as it can be somewhat difficult.

I can only suggest something similar to the way I do which use a much small
file that define the test and it will only inculde thing like :

number_of_packet
length

etc etc

you can make it as detail as you like, and what your test bench engine do is
read the test defenition and act accordingly and to have it as random as
possibale you can define that certain value mean do it randomly such as

length=0 mean let the test bench choose random length.

this way who ever want to make let say a test for certain multicase packet
all he/she need to do is open this small file and define

1 packet
length let say 64
mac = what ever mac they want

and that's all.

as an example I enclose one of my test bench files as an example, the file
is much smaller and the actual place you need to "touch" and be familar with
is I belive very minimum, take a look and see what you think.

of course on top of this run the whole test bench engine but for the user
there is nice small easy interface (at least in my opinion).

again this is only a suggestion you can see for yourself and decide what
make for you more sense to use.

have a nice day

    Illan