RE: [fpu] FPU needed

> OK, fine, I'll continue working on it. I just thought it would be a
> waste
> of resources. However, I most likely won't have the chance to do a
> divide
> block. So if Jamil could write that in Verilog, (I can do the
> testing, I
> have a compute farm at home) it does not have to be all perfect, just
> do
> a single precision FP divide. I will need it about two weeks before
> Damjan
> needs everything, so I can integrate and verify.

I would need FPU in about three weeks from now. Is this okay?

> Damjan, we need to talk about schedule. When is the actual tape out
> date ?

Actual tape out date is Sep 25. It is possible to delay it but this
will be hard to do it.

> How much time do you need for integration, testing and synthesis ?
> When do you need to have all blocks ?

Two weeks before tape out. But at least a week before tape out I need
100% working blocks. It probably sounds crazy to you to be so tight
with schedule (at least I think it is tight).

--damjan