[openppc] The drea machine

Hi everybody ! I apologize for the last mail, I didn't realize I was sending it to the whole list, while I just wanted to answer one person :)

I've spent some time reading the mailing list archive today. Well, nice work so far :) Maybe I should try to add my contribution... The following would be my dream machine : THE one that would completely rock. Don't blame me, that's just sweet dreams :))

First of all, let's add bunches of RAM, 256 to 512 Mb (possibly DDR) would be just fine. Now add two, four or even eight CPUs on a fast FSB. An AGP connector with a connection to a PC-lke video card would be a must as well as an ATA100 or even SCSI disk controller. Now include three or four PCI slots, 100 Mbit Ethernet and audio (a good 2D sound core with RCA conns :), keyboard, mouse, blah blah blah

I realize that would be :
1) hard to produce with open source software...
2) expensive, very expensive :)
3) who would need such a beast anyway apart from me ?

Reactions are welcome... but please, don't break my dreams too hard :))

Regards,
Matthieu