From: "Carlos Sánchez de La Lama" <csanchez@teisa.unican.es>
To: <openrisc@opencores.org>
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 5:47 AM
Subject: [openrisc] Bug fixes for uClinux

Hallo,

I've detected some bugs on uClinux:

    (1) The elf loader always performs relocations for each relocation
    section found on the binary file, even when the section those
    relocations apply to was not loaded in the previous step. The patch
    I provide performs a check to prevent this.

    (2) The value of TSS in asm-or32 is 528 (look like it was taken from
    ppc port) but, in or1k, the offset of TSS field within task_struct
    is 536 (I have checked this using the standard toolchain as weel as
    my new compiler). The patch also fixes this.

    (3) The linker scripts in arch/or32/board do not explicitly align
    some sections, with consequent danger of alignment errors. In fact
    such errors arise when using the new compiler. I have added explicit
    alignment expressions, which do no harm when not needed, anyway.

The patch with all these fixes is attached.

Best regards!

        Carlos