Re: [pci] Re: Re: pci system architecture

Haiko Morgenstern wrote:
>some posts in the forum asked for layout hints and routing the bga456.
 >I think we will need more layers if we use the bga456 package. so i will
 >use the pqfp208. it has 140 IO's and i think this is enough. what do
you think?
>for layout i will use expiditon pcb from mentor. i have heared that the
 >autorouter is better than specctra. at the moment i learn to handle
this tool.

My experience on the BGA456 xilinx package (Spartan300e), if you route
it manually, and leave some I/O pins out, you can do it on a 6 layer
board, and still have around 200 I/O pins. If you use an autorouter,
check the prices for 8-layer boards ;-)

cheers