RE: [usb] vhdl simulator for Windows

I'll take a look today.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Robertson [mailto:mrob@concentric.net]
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2000 6:12 PM
To: usb@opencores.org
Subject: [usb] vhdl simulator for Windows

Hey,

I was looking around this weekend and found out that Altera is
offering a free version of their software on the net.  They have
two license versions available.  One has support for VHDL + Verilog,
The other supports synthesis for some of their larger chips.  From
what I've seen using it, there doesn't seem to be a large difference
from the full version.

There is one con about Altera's MAX+PLUS II software.  From what I saw
in the docs, there could be problems with Verilog designs.  Verilog
is case dependent, but MAX+PLUS isn't. It doesn't like variations
of the same variable.  If we go with VHDL, this won't be a problem
though.

Mark