[video] About DCT cores

Hello All;

I am a beginner to FPGA programming scratching around, Therefore I would like to ask you some questions for your assistance..
I am about to select a thesis project about compression systems. I need to compress 256x256 digitized video signal and after some operations i need to decompress it by using IDCT.. For this I have seen Sherif Taher Eid's DCT cores under http://www.opencores.org/cores/dct/dct.shtml . How can I use these cores for my circuit? Are these Cores like java classes in practice? Should i process these cores in the same FPGA chip that i will be using for my programs?

On the other hand I have seen Video Systems project under http://www.opencores.org/projects/video_systems ..Can I also use this Core??

I am bit confused, if you could help me about my questions then i will be very happy.

Have a good day,

Aris