[video] Video scaling

I would propose using bilinear interpolation. This is a good compromise between precision and computation effort. Bilinear interpolation is separatable, so you can do it by two linear interpolations ("alpha blendings"): alpha*x + (1-alpha)*y with alpha=0.5 (shift only). Use this to compute a new pixel from 4 corner pixels.

-----
Hi all;
I have a question regarding real-time scaling of digital video signal. Say,
I have  a incoming video signal which is 640x480 and want to resize it to
320x240. The easiest way to resize it I guess by implementing "accept1
line, throw 1 line" while accepting 1 pixel and throwing 1 pixel on the
horizontal line. Do you have any other ideas about/apart from this logic??

Cheers,

Aris