Re: [oc] building up an OCRP-1

OK, I should have most of those parts in my hands in the
next week or so.  OCRP-1 bare board, Virtex, SDRAM, and
the bag of Digi-Key stuff.  If anyone else is building
one up, send me an e-mail and we can commiserate on our
problems without bothering this list.

I _really_ want to use the JTAG port on this board (doh!).
I found the ERNI connector that looks like it will fit,
the 063179.  The U.S. factory outlet has 255 of these
things on their shelf for $1.57 each, but they have a
minimum order of 280.  This info comes from Pete Lyle (sp?)
of ERNI Components West in San Jose, CA, 408-453-7077.
None of the distributors I checked (Sager, Tim-Co, Spectra,
and Force) has any stock.

I might be able to tease a sample out of some distributor,
especially if I get some sense that the opencores crowd
will use a bunch later.  Joerg, what are you doing for
this part?  How many OCRP-1 boards are you assembling?
And what will all the buyers of those boards do for
a mating connector?

    - Larry Doolittle   <LRDoolittle@lbl.gov>