Re: [oc] Inquiry

> [This piece has turned out to be lengthy, but hopefully there
> is enough interesting stuff in it, especially the second half,
> to make it worth reading.

[ . . . .  Big-time snip of closely argued discussion about
the GPL and it's application to commercial cores . . . .]

> These arguments are leading me to believe that the GPL is a very
> good license for opencores!
>
> Thoughts on all this please!

You have just proven one of the points I made earlier:  Commercial
users avoid Opencores because you need to be a legal expert in order
to understand how they may and may not be used.  Good work!

To make a Opencores relevant to anybody other than hobbyists and
small-time support firms, I suggest that an Opencores licence with no
restrictions (and no liability) be developed.  Anything other than
that will just scare the typical corporate designer away.

Stuart