Re: [oc] Inquiry

Sorry, slightly of topic ...

On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 20:54, cyrano@nerim.net wrote:

> > And I DON'T use Windows beyond the fact that ONE TOOL requires me to run it
> > (Protel DXP). Everything else is executed in Linux, a paid for distribution
> > from RedHat.
>
> I give a general statement. Beside that you use Windows, because you don't have the choice (like me).

Nico, we actually do have a choice. I have a small company,
we are 100% Linux (RedHat). I have ONE notebook with Windoze
NT to run Xilinx tool. Thats the only purpose for it. We do
all administrative, publishing and of course design work on
Linux. And there is a way to run the Xilinx tools on linux
under wine, I just didn't have the time yet to set it up.

We do use however quite some expensive commercial Software
packages on our Linux boxes.

So you see, it is possible ! :*)

Cheers !
rudi